The Henri Bendel backpack (especially the Jetsetter) has long been a favorite travel bag of many. Unfortunately, after 123 years of business, the company closed its doors in 2018. If you really want your travel bag to be a Henri Bendel bag, you can do a search and find them. You will probably pay in the hundreds of dollars. Or, if you are open to other travel bags, check this post out, I found a few alternatives!
What is a Henri Bendel Jetsetter Convertible Backpack?
The Jetsetter backpack is a stylish and versatile bag. It was great for travel because it worked as a classic satchel but also converted into a backpack and a crossbody bag. It has a variety of pockets for stashing your items and fashion-forward styling.
Why Convertible Backpacks Are Great for Travel
As someone who prefers to travel carry-on only, I have a love for any travel item that is versatile. Convertible backpacks are no exception. On travel days they can function as your personal item for the plane, and often you can wear them as a traditional backpack, but also several have straps that you can use to attach them to your suitcase if you want to not carry it at all. But, when sightseeing I don’t always love backpack purses as they can be a target for pickpockets. Once you have arrived at your destination, your convertible backpack can be worn as stylish crossbody or carried as a satchel you have options!
PRO TIP: Want to pack more items that are versatile for every trip? Check out this post on how to create the ultimate travel capsule wardrobe!
My 5 Favorite Alternatives to the Henri Bendel Jetsetter Backpack
The Henri Bendel leather backpack was as much a chic urban backpack as it was a travel bag. For the purpose of this post, I am focusing a little more on the travel aspect. The bags below are all made of nylon with nylon straps as opposed to the Henri Bendel which was nylon with saffiano leather straps.
- Anti Theft Zipper in the back of the bag
- Zippered side pocket for easy access
- Can be worn multiple ways
- Several colors available
- Large enough to accomodate most laptops
- Available in several different colors and patterns
- Great size for a personal item on a long flight, and slightly bigger than the I would prefer as a purse
- Easy to wipe clean if you spill on it
- Detachable Straps
- Back pocket
- Great bag for work
- Ample size for all your tech
- Easy to clean
- Can be worn multiple ways
- Can be worn two ways, as a backpack or shoulder bag
- Water bottle side pocket
- Security featuers for safe travels
- Works well as purse, not too big
- The most innovative of the purses.
- Folds in half to create more traditional looking purse
- Fits 10″ tablet
- Several security features for safe travels
WANT MORE INSPIRATION? These posts can help you find more ideas for amazing travel bags
Try one of these on your next trip, I think you will find the versatility of the convertible backpack to be a great addition to your travel bags!